RCRCM 1500m Wingspan RC Glider – E-Sunbird
The Sunbird is an all molded composite glider with remarkable quality finish. It features ailerons and flaps allowing many mixes for better performance.
Sunbird represents all the things we love about the bigger birds, in a more convenient package. Sunbird is part of a new generation of compact, precision, full composite, hollow molded hotlines racers. This new generation of fast airplanes is designed and built to be extremely lightweight with great strength and full competition capabilities. From its super-efficient X-Tail, to its generous nose area, this little Sunbird was built for fun! Like it's larger siblings, the Sunbird sports ailerons and flaps on its two piece wing. The aerofoil section is probably quite advanced for this kind of plane and gives a very wide speed range and possibility of operation in a wide range of wind conditions. Added to that, the radio bay is large enough to enable installation of the servos and radio pack without resorting to micro surgery, while the fuselage and in fact the whole plane still has a pleasing and balanced shape.
Available in 4 Versions:
Fiberglass+Carbon Standard Version: Standard hollow molded fiberglass construction reinforced with carbon fiber which gives good stiffness and torsion stability with lower weight and cost. Highly recommended for sport flying.
Carbon Version: Wings built using carbon cloth as well as fuselage reinforced with carbon from leading edge of the wing to the tail. This configuration gives the model enormous stiffness and torsion stability.
The first two versions are available in stock. We also can produce two custom versions; Light Carbon Version (less weight) and Double Carbon Version (with two layers of carbon).
- Sunbird flying panels and control surfaces are large enough to be effective in almost any conditions, while the flaps make it possible to land the plane slowly and safely even at small flying sites.
- Flight tests in a wide range of conditions have revealed a very good turn of speed, high maneuverability, no bad habits, and very controllable landing characteristics.
- Clean, efficient designs are sure to satisfy the most demanding pilots.
- For the expert and novice alike the Sunbird represents a lot of “big” sailplane features in a small attractive package.
- Control Surfaces: Rudder, Elevator, Ailerons and Flaps
- Two-piece hollow molded composite Carbon Fiber or Glass wing design
- Carbon Fiber reinforced wing with square wing joiner
- Live hinges on the wing and rudder with pre-installed wipers
- Smooth, gel-coated finish with pre-painted graphics
- Full flying stabilizer with pre-installed bellcrank with pushrod
- 1500mm Wingspan RC Glider – Sunbird
- Ballast Tube(for Motorless Glider only) , Motor mount(for electric version only), servo support, Push Rod, Clevis, Linkage Rod, Control horn, Servo Cover, Wing joiner, tail joiner, servo plate
Wing area: 21.46dm2
Flying Weight: N/A
Empty Weight: Fiberglass+Carbon Standard Version:550g
Carbon Version: 640g
CG: 60-65 mm from leading edge
Tow hook setting NO
Required Radio no less than 7 channels
Recommend equipment configuration for an electric version basic configuration
Servos for wings KST X08H*4
Servos for fuselage KST DS215MG*2
Required Battery 3S 11.1V 1500mah 25c
Power System LC2835-KV1880
Motor Mount Dia. 35mm
Electronic Speed Control SkyWalker-40A
Fairing size 38mm
Paint Scheme is also available in a wide range of colors, besides standard color scheme presents on this website and can also include some other color schemes.
Another important thing about the surface of the glider: this RCRCM glider is fully moulded. Mould precision ensures that each glider has a complete aerodynamic layout but in the process of composite production, there is a slight chance of very tiny air bubbles or slight cloth grain. In the unlikely event that these small imperfections exist, they do not affect the structural strength or flight performance.
Glider long term storage: Hang glider vertically to reduce the stress on the glider surfaces to avoid deformation that could adversely affect flight performance and trim.